Matters needing attention when using Lithium Fluoride LiF
Lithium Fluoride LiF has become a popular thermoluminescent material in recent years and is now commercially available as a microcrystalline powder.
Lithium Fluoride LiF has become a popular thermoluminescent material in recent years and is now commercially available as a microcrystalline powder. These inert, insoluble and non-toxic Lithium Fluoride LiF crystals are relatively immune to mechano-induced luminescence, have a nearly linear response to radiation doses from a few millioroentgens to thousands of roentgens, and because of the low atomic numbers of both lithium and fluorine , less energy dependent than most other dosimeters. An annealing process was developed to reuse Lithium Fluoride LiF powder many times.
Precautions when using Lithium Fluoride LiF:
1. When using Lithium Fluoride LiF, pay attention to the sealing operation and partially exhaust to avoid dust release.
2. Employees need to pass professional training and strictly implement the operating procedures.
3. When in use, the staff need to wear self-priming filter dust masks and chemical safety protective glasses, and wear anti-toxic substance penetration factory clothing and rubber gloves.
4. Store in a cool and ventilated place, away from fire and heat sources, and avoid direct sunlight.
5. The packaging should be sealed and stored separately from oxidants, acids and food chemicals. Avoid mixed storage.